This week’s wings were a winner! BIG TIME winner! My tummy is so happy right now. 🙂 Sticky, sweet apricot marmalade and Sriracha came together in beautiful, spicy-sweet matrimony.
Spicy Apricot Wings
- chicken wings
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apricot marmalade (sub any flavor preference if you don’t dig apricot)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper, or to taste
- cilantro (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken wings, just enough to lightly coat (I probably used about 3 tablespoons?). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. When baking chicken wings, I prefer to place a wire rack in my sheet pan and bake the wings on the wire rack. It helps to make them crispy on all sides without having to flip them over during cooking. However, you can also just spray your sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and turn the wings halfway through cooking to achieve crispy wings. Do one of these things. 🙂
4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until wings are golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, to prepare glaze, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add apricot marmalade, rice vinegar, Sriracha, and salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes or until reduced and slightly thickened.
6. Chop about 2 teaspoons cilantro, if desired, and add to your glaze.
6. In a bowl, toss chicken wings with glaze until evenly coated.