I wish I could share the fantastic fragrance lingering in my apartment after making these! I finished eating them 20 minutes ago and I’m still basking in the delicious aroma. This week’s wings were just heavenly!
Added bonus: as if the wings aren’t amazing enough all by themselves, the dipping sauce is a blend of blue cheese dressing with Dijon mustard! BOOM. Kicking it up a notch!
Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings
- chicken wings
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher or sea salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic (fresh garlic or substitute the jarred stuff)*
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, italian seasoning, and cumin. Toss the wings in this mixture.
3. Place a wire rack inside a sheet tray. Place the chicken wings on this wire rack and sprinkle salt over the chicken wings, to season.
4. Bake the chicken wings for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown.
5. While the wings are baking, mix together the oil, fresh basil, garlic, and parmesan cheese. *Note: Raw garlic can be a little strong, so I sautéed the minced garlic in some olive oil over low heat to take some of the kick out of the garlic. If you are using jarred minced garlic, you should be fine and don’t need to do this. Also, if you want to grow some hair on your chest, just use the raw garlic. More power to you. 🙂
6. When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/olive oil (or butter) sauce. Serve with the blue cheese/mustard dressing.
7. To make the dipping sauce, mix the blue cheese dressing and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl.
8. Plate and serve. Bon appétit!