This week’s wing deliciousness is brought to you by one of my new favorite food blogs, Damn Delicious. I’ve pinned and prepared quite a few recipes from the Damn Delicious recipe repertoire and it’s everything I hope my little blog will grow into some day.
Baked Apple Butter Brown Sugar Wings
Baked brown sugar and apple butter sticky sweetness. It’s also paired with a sour cream and sririacha dipping sauce, for an added creamy kick. Thanks to this recipe, I now have an entire jar of apple butter to get creative with. (I’m talking to you, Pinterest.)
- chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup Musselman’s apple butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a wire rack in your baking pan. Spray it with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together apple butter, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and Dijon; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine wings, vegetable oil, brown sugar, garlic, onion and chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Pour the apple butter mixture over the wings and toss to coat. Place wings onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Place into oven and bake for 35 minutes.
6. While wings are baking, prepare the dipping sauce. Simply stir together the sour cream and the desired amount of Sriracha (depending on how spicy you want your dipping sauce). If you aren’t sure, start small and add little by little until you’ve reached a spice level you’re happy with.