Ever wonder about the crazy lady that writes this blog? Well, I figured I’d compile a list of 10 random facts about myself. Hopefully we’ll have grown a little closer by the end of it.
10 Random Facts about yours truly:
1. I went to college, spent 4 years earning a degree in Accounting, worked for 2 years as an auditor for the federal government, and then decided I’d rather bake for a living. I packed up my bags and moved back home to study Baking and Patisserie at Le Cordon Bleu. I had big culinary dreams.
2. I did not go on to become the next great baker. After a life-changing culinary internship, I found myself right back in government auditing (as a personal choice that I made for myself – not out of any sour turn of events). In a sense, I picked up my old, boring, auditor life right where I’d left off – except this time around things are much better. Life – version 2.0 – has been an upgrade for the better. And culinary school was totally worth it either way.
3. Culinary school taught me the art of French cooking and baking. Spending my summer working in a bistro/boulangerie in Cape Cod only further cemented my love for everything French. Soooo… I guess you could call me a bit of a Francophile!
4. The name of my blog is a cheeky nod to my educational background. I have a BS in Accounting and a culinary education. “Accounting for Taste”… see what I did there?
5. I wish that there was more singing and choreographed dance numbers in movies. More Fred and Ginger magic, please and thanks.
6. Drag queens are my secret love. I think they’re absolutely fascinating.
5. Tim Gunn is my (unofficial) life mentor. Not only is “make it work” a brilliant approach to surviving life, but Mr. Gunn embodies a sophistication and well-versed vocabulary that I idolize. Whether I’m shopping, assembling outfits, or even just home decorating, I often stop to ask myself – “WWTGD”?
6. If I could go back to school and do it all over again I would have loved to study interior design (not to be confused with interior decorating). Although, when I’m not losing myself in the kitchen, home stores are my happy place.
7. I’m a cookbook aficionado with a fledgeling collection. Not sure what to buy me? Make it a cookbook. Any cookbook in the whole world. I will love it.
8. I’ve finally met the love of my life and I couldn’t be happier. He is perfect (for me).
9. I live for hosting (and attending) dinner parties. So. Much. FUN.
10. If my closest were full of vintage dresses, I’d be the happiest girl in the world.
Honestly, people are too dynamic to condense into a few lines. But hopefully that gave you a bit of a glimpse into my world. I hope you enjoy my blog ramblings. 🙂